Work With Us
ACS PARTICIPATES IN DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY E-VERIFY FORM I-9 VERIFICATION PROCESS
Acs provides a smoke and tobacco free environment for the safety and health of our employees
ACS OFFERS A FULL TIME BENEFIT PACKAGE INCLUDING:
Holiday, Vacation and Sick Pay
401(k) Retirement Plan
Group Health, Life and Disability Insurance
Advancial Credit Union Membership
Apply to Work With ACS
To apply for an available position you may forward your resume as an e-mail attachment or include it in the text body of the e-mail.
If you do not have access to e-mail you may mail your resume to the PO Box listed below. Please indicate the position and location for which you are applying.
Human Resources – ACS
Post Office Box 60670
Lafayette, LA 70596-0670
JOB TITLE: Revenue Cycle Specialist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for processing, reviewing and filing insurance to the resolution of
the claim payment. Assists patients with billing questions and collection of patient balances.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to Office Manger and/or Area Manager.
1. Performs various functions in the processing of insurance billing and collections, including Medicaid/Medicare
claims according to the established policies and procedures as listed in the ACS Practice Management, Compliance
and HIPAA Policies & Procedures Manuals. Many of ACS Clients’ accounts require team effort while other
accounts may require independent workers to complete all aspects of the billing process. Employees’ may be
responsible for multiple accounts with functions varying with each account. Assignment of accounts may fluctuate
as ACS Client base changes.
2. Collects and enters patient’s insurance information into ACS Compumed System.
3. Reviews, verifies and submits insurance claims.
4. Processes correspondence from Third Party Payors and responds to patient requests.
5. Follows-up with insurance companies and ensures claims are paid in a timely manner.
6. Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response.
7. Answers telephones, provides and obtains information to resolve billing and collection issues.
Maintains supporting billing information for future reference or audit purposes.
The job holder must demonstrate competencies applicable to the job position while performing duties in a professional
and courteous manner.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
1. Knowledge of medical terminology.
2. Knowledge of insurance industry.
3. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation to type correspondence.
1. Skill in using computer programs and applications.
1. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral, and written instruction.
2. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
3. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Work may require hand dexterity for office machine operation, stooping and
bending to files and supplies, mobility to complete errands or deliveries, or sitting for extended periods of time. Manual
dexterity for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
ENVIRONMENTAL/WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in an office environment. Involves frequent
contact with staff, patients, and the public. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities,
knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve with or without advance notice.
JOB TITLE: Software Developer (Full-Time)
Software Developer (Full-Time)
ACS is a software company that specializes in Physician Billing. We’re one of the largest billers in the state with the goal of maximizing collections from insurance and patients. We have a small team of developers looking for applicants willing to develop new software as well as maintain our existing platform that comprises interfaces with many other medical software systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Work with older languages to maintain existing software, including COBOL and MFC
· Make changes to existing data imports and exports
· Test software changes and put modified software in production
· Help in converting existing software to C# with Microsoft SQL database
· Work individually as well as with others
· Code to existing software standards to ensure sharable code amongst the team
· Work on multiple projects and be able to switch between them as needed
· Four-year college degree in Computer Science
· Ability to learn and work with COBOL, MFC and C#
· Sit with other team members to learn existing software and project goals
· Willingness to test software changes thoroughly before putting in production
· Communicate with the team throughout the software development process
· Must be able to work 8 hour days at our local office
· Dress business casual as clients regularly tour our facility
· Traveling is rare and sitting at a computer most of the day is expected